Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bonnets x3

Last week while the boys were at art camp and Eliza was napping in the mornings, I got lots of sewing done.  These three bonnets are made from the Peekaboo Bonnet pattern, which I highly recommend.  It's easy to follow, and the PDF versions of patterns are quickly becoming my preference.






The Stats:
Pattern: Made by Rae Peekaboo Bonnet
Fabric & notions: feed sacks and cotton plaid from a free swap (for the first and third bonnets), cotton from a fabric swap and a thrifted sheet (for the second bonnet), bias tape, piping
Total Time: roughly six hours total
Total Cost: $5

I'm planning to submit these, along with five pairs of bloomers and two pairs of booties (that I'll share soon) to the local Arts and Crafts guild to be sold at their shop down the street.  A jury will evaluate the items to decide if they're a good fit for the shop.  My goal is to submit them this week.  We'll see if I get the booties finished.

(If they're accepted and I make more, they'll all have black, white, or cream bias tape and piping.  The majority of my time was spent trying to match piping, bias tape, and thread.)

If they're accepted, I'll buy the selling license for this bonnet.  Eventually I'd like to add some simple A-line dresses and things.

I'm not really sure what to expect, but I'm excited to try something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...