Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Eliza's (Plan B) Birthday Outfit


The smocked bishop I'd planned for Eliza's birthday still isn't finished.  The geometric smocking is complete, but I'm stuck on the flowers.  No matter how many times I read, watch videos, and try, I just can't get it right.  (There's a definite downside to being self-taught.)

So, on her birthday I had to improvise.

I tea stained a onesie to make it match the ecru in the fabric.  Then I whipped up a tiny skirt with elastic waistband to match.  Finally I appliqued her initials onto the onesie and hand stitched around the letters.  It came together quickly, and the baby got to wear something handmade for her 1st birthday.

(Are you noticing a theme with the rocking chair and the picket fence?  I'm going to have to get more creative with our poses.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...