Friday, July 27, 2012

Completed: Short Sleeve Raglans

I managed to get a couple of shirts finished Wednesday night.  (The muslin I made that night for a dress I'm working on was a big fail, but it didn't take too much time, so I wasn't discouraged.)

Right before I snapped this, Daniel said to Lee, "Lee, I love you.  You're my best friend."  Melt. My. Heart.




Stats:
Pattern: short sleeve raglan tee from Sewing for Boys by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage
Fabric: lightweight knit from Spiritex's warehouse sale last spring

I've got so much love for this pattern.  Next time I'll take their advice in the book and use a stabilizer on the neckband stitches before I topstitch the neck.  There's a way to eliminate the gathers at the neck.  I'll figure it out.  They're supposed to be fitted, but I went up a size.  Lee's fits perfectly (size 6/7), but Daniel's is a little tight in the neck (size 2/3).  The reversed-matching look for the boys is adorable, so I'll repeat this project again.  Maybe with long sleeves for the winter.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Those turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm sorry to hear about Sophie. It must be very difficult to adjust to not having her around. :(

      Delete
  2. Would you like to repeat this project for me? For money?

    ACTUALLY another idea is you can just sent those to me when you're outgrow them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To eliminate the gathers - use a longer neckband piece :) Allknits are so different, the measurements in the pattern are really just a starting point.

    They look ADORABLE, and you are going to get a lot of use out of these, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I'll try that. I'm a HUGE fan of your work!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...