Thursday, August 9, 2012

WIP: Macaron

After the utter (or should I say "udder," considering they resembled cow udders?) disaster that was The Big Girl Ruffle Shorts, I've decided to redeem myself with a dress.

For the first time since December 2006, not that I'm counting, this body is completely my own.  No embryos, no fetuses, no nursing babies or toddlers.

Things have finally shifted and shrunk and withered into place.

So, why not celebrate with a little Macaron? I've joined a sew-along to give me motivation.  (The lovely button is on your right.)

Technically I was supposed to have cut the muslin already and be working on fit this week. I was distracted by other super-important, non-sewing things.

(My dad had a "mild" heart attack Sunday. Two stents later, and he's doing great. No heart damage. He'll be running again in no time. I wouldn't put it out here into BlogLand, but he put it on Facebook, so it's public knowledge. He can add "heart attack survivor" to his list of accomplishments now. Right after "marrying an amazing woman" and "raising two awesome daughters." What a man.)

So far, here's what I've got.


The pattern is traced onto freezer paper and cut out. Ryan's going out of town this weekend, so I'll have nothing better to do than cut and sew for two nights.  I'm determined to catch up.

Here's the envelope to show you the sketch.


I'm a little concerned about the sweetheart neckline.  I've always pictured that style as something suited for women with . . . how do I say it? 

Breasts. 

I've got none. Won't it look funny to have a curved seam that will emphasize something that's obviously missing?

Stay tuned. The muslin may reveal the answer.



4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad but praise God that it was minor with no damage! I bet it will look great regardless... people will just be able to see how beautiful you are (and the dress) without anything to get in the way and distract. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sweet and a great way of looking at it!

      Delete
  2. I've never traced onto freezer paper before. Do you put the freezer paper on top of the tissue? Is it possible to see through it without light and a window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sandwich the pattern between two layers of freezer paper. Having the white sheet as a bottom layer makes it possible to see the lines on the pattern paper through the top layer of freezer paper.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...