Saturday, October 13, 2012

KCWC Day Five

I've been seeing Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee all over the KCWC Flikr pool this week. I've sewn Rae's patterns before, and I know they're high quality. Still, I chose to make my own pattern rather than forking over the $10.

Next time I'll spend the money.

It turned out great, but having the pattern would have saved me half an hour in getting the neckline the right size.

This little outfit was made from some yoga pants I bought a couple of years ago. A) I don't regularly wear yoga pants and B) Ryan laughed at me every time I wore these to bed.

On a baby they look awesome. (I'm picturing mixing and matching them with other tops/bottoms.)


I also snapped a shot of the baby in one of the shirts I made earlier this week. It fits, so I won't be scrapping it after all. I love the color.



(Update: I've posted a tutorial on the envelope t-shirt by re-mixing Made by Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee.)

8 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern or tips about the neckline of the envelope shirt? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Dana from MADE published a tutorial back in 2008, and I fell in LOVE with the style. It's great because necklines always give me problems, and this neckline is very forgiving. Dana serges both long sides of the neck binding, but my technique is a little different. I do the sleeves differently from the tutorial, too -- I prefer to sew the side and sleeves seams all at once.

      If I have a chance this week, I'll put up a step-by-step with my variations! Here's her link:
      http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-90-minute-shirt.html

      Delete
  2. Ooh thanks. I'm new at sewing so I haven't tackled bindings yet. I'm focused on up cycling (free) clothes and I think this neckline will work WAY better than sewing together the neckline at the left and right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your little girl is adorable! Looks a lot like mine, just a few months older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is a few months old, but I was curious if you could tell me the fabric you used for the shirt??? I love the color and it looks like a nice light weight for summer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!!

      I used an x-large t-shirt from Old Navy for this shirt! I bought it in the summer of 2011, I think.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...