Monday, October 15, 2012

KCWC Day Seven & Wrap Up

By day seven I lost my steam. I cut out an a-line tunic (pattern from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby) from an 80s dress of my mothers. It's medium weight linen. The dress was from. . . wait for it. . . Limited Express. I should have snapped a picture of the label.

Today I finished the tunic to match the 80s leggings.



That's the best I could do to capture an image of it all. (shakes fist at slow-poke Nikon repair shop)

My plan is to embellish the top with an applique, add a headband, and submit it to the Project Run and Play sew-along for "Signature Look" week.

Here's what I made in the seven days:
8 pairs of knit pants
5 knit shirts
1 linen tunic


All upcycled. All self-drafted patterns. By the end of the week, I was bored. Next time I'll throw in some patterns and some new fabric. She'll get plenty of wear out of the pants, but the shirts are made of very thin knit, so I don't think they'll hold up for long.

I'm a pattern girl. The knit pants and envelope shirts are okay with my own pattern, but otherwise I'm planning to spend the money on professional patterns. After seeing all the lovely examples this week, here are the ones on my list:
The Greenpoint Cardigan by hey june 
Flashback Skinny Tee by Made by Rae
Oliver + S Puppet Show Tunic & Shorts
Washi Dress by Made by Rae (oops! This one's for me.)

This week barely made a dent in my sewing to-do list (and my stash!), but it was neat to have the motivation to sew every day. Now I'm just ready to sleep. And clean up my sewing area.

2 comments:

  1. You have some stamina! I don't think there is ever a week where I want to make time to sew every. single. day. And using your stash - way to go! I love new fabric too much (so take a guess at what my closet looks like). I'm definitely a pattern girl. I love knowing that someone else has already figured it all out for me. Good job this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a good thing, but by the end of the week I lost my mojo. Still, I learned a lot. Where's your favorite place for fabric in Memphis?

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...