Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The 80s Jumpsuit & Dress

Due to popular demand (okay, it was just my mother), I'm posting pictures of the dress and jumpsuit before they got cut up to make Eliza's outfit.

Behold: The black linen dress from Limited Express.



And the animal-print jumpsuit, complete with pockets.


And this little blue gem, which will turn into a cardigan (or ten) for the baby. The shoulder pads. The extra-wide arm hole. The drop waist. It's all too much to bear.


My mother looked ravishing in these outfits back in the day. There were glitter-encrusted-animal-print heels to match. I'm not even kidding.

Fortunately they get an extra life on another beautiful girl!
.

4 comments:

  1. Jumpsuits are in style! You should have rocked that at least one time with a black blazer. I don't remember the "Limited Express" having labels like that. I remember the one that said some French word on it, and had a baroque kind of scroll on it.

    Also, I like the black linen dress better before you cut it up. I think the style of it is classic! You know your momma has style! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shirring elastic in the back was dry rotted. Plus, I don't have enough to hold it up. (These pictures were taken when Eliza was a couple of months old.)

      Delete
    2. As for my mother's style - don't I know it! If I can beg her into it, I'll put up a picture of her rockin' it. She certainly has style to spare.

      Delete
  2. Limited Express first opened in 1980.

    No wonder I don't remember that label!

    http://www.limitedbrands.com/our_company/about_us/timeline.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...