Thursday, December 6, 2012

Completed: Baby Booties #1,283,379

Here's a pair of booties I finished while tootling along on the recumbent bike today. I've never used the recumbent bike. It's possible to bike, watch Nashville, and knit. Sweating is optional. But look! Booties!


The pattern is from the book Easy Baby Knits by Claire Montgomerie. I've used this pattern countless times. Daniel and Eliza both had these booties. In fact, Eliza lived in four different pairs for the first six months of her life. They stay on like no other socks I've found.

These are made with Debbie Bliss yarn. It's soft, durable, and most importantly - doesn't require any special washing instructions.

Hopefully they'll fit the new baby! {editors note: not MY new baby -- my brother-in-law's and sister-in-law's new baby.}


3 comments:

  1. he'll love them but more excited that you are going to the gym. hope you are enjoying your "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable. I love them! It makes me want two things: really learn how to knit and a baby to dress up. (Maybe I could just borrow a baby for a while? Because that ship has sailed in this house...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ship has sailed, made it through the Atlantic, and docked in foreign lands.

      Fortunately Ryan's brother just had one, my BFF is pregnant, and my sister still has several years, so I've got/will have babies to borrow!

      Honestly I get sad sometimes looking at all the baby books/patterns that Eliza is outgrowing. Most end at the 24-month mark. {tear}

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...