Monday, December 24, 2012

The Only Handmade Gift

A few years ago I declared a moratorium on handmade Christmas gifts.** My family had been subjected enough, so unless there was a specific request, only those I birthed received made-by-me gifts. 

This year Amanda requested a knitted infinity scarf. We hunted through Ravelry and landed on this one by Plymouth yarns. She wanted it to be off-white, so we opted to keep it one color instead of the pattern's two. I found some creamy alpaca at Earth Guild in downtown Asheville. It's pricey yarn, but it's rich and warm. 

FYI - alpaca sheds. For the past two weeks I've walked around with fiber strands attached to my jeans, in my mouth, in Eliza's hair, and probably in our baked Christmas cookies for Lee's farm class. 

(Someday I'll perfect the blogger self-portrait, but not today.)

It turned out nicely. She won't get it until next weekend, so seeing it here will allow her to practice her response. There is a proper response to receiving a handmade gift. Remind me and I'll devote a whole post to it.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope your holiday is filled with joy, peace, and all the grace this season promises.

**The moratorium is officially over in 2013. Family beware.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!Love the color!
    Happy holidays!!!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-15-vetericyn.html



    I hope you can make it!



    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...