Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Completed: Abigail's Dress


Fabric: Tilda (There's still about a yard left, but I'll give it a rest for a while.)
Pattern: Ruby Ruffle by Cottage Mama, view C
Notions: fabric-covered buttons
Nice Things: fully lined with floral fabric from the first Ruby Ruffle
Time: the duration of Downton Abbey's Season 3 Finale - 1.5 hours (Fortunately the dress wasn't as traumatizing as the finale.)
Size: 2T (I tried it on Eliza, who's the same age as Abigail, and it should work great for this summer.)

Before I had Eliza, and in fact before we had kids at all, I imagined a little girl dressed in a-line dresses with ruffled bloomers. Swoon. Next time I'll add applique and piping. Because, you know, piping is my thing now.

2 comments:

  1. Downton was seriously depressing :(
    But having a cute completed dress by the end may have made it better. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for the most depressing season finale EVER. But yay for yummy polka dots and sweet a-line dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...