I've been pattern testing something fierce around here lately. There's one project I can reveal as soon as I add some finishing touches today or tomorrow. One I can share next week. The other four are Megan Nielsen patterns, and it'll be a while before the collection is released.
While I love pattern testing, it's nice to work on a few projects just for fun.
The Thurlow. Originally I intended to do these with Lladybird's sew-along. I've got beautiful wool crepe and quality twill waiting for me to get the fit just right.
Here's my second muslin. The first was flat out the wrong size for me. This one is better, but I've got some work to do. So far I've narrowed the lower hip/thigh, brought in the back seam, and fiddled endlessly with the crotch. The next muslin will have a lengthened, deepened crotch. Hopefully that will get me a better fit. (Hello, creepers who ended up here from a Google search! Crotch = sewing term! Sorry to disappoint.)
I'll also change the placement for the welt pockets but probably keep the darts where they are.
The style is classic and comfortable, so the work will be worth it when I get the fit right. I'll keep you posted!