Thursday, May 9, 2013

Completed: Eucalypt Tank with Contrast Fabric

Yesterday over at the Shaffer Sisters I shared this version of the Eucalypt Tank Dress.


Today I'm sharing the second version I made -- the Eucalypt Tank with the front-seam option. I only had a half-yard of the contrasting Liberty fabric, and to make it work I hacked the pattern off at the shoulder *forehead slap* instead of at the lengthen/shorten line. So, the armholes are snug. It's still an easy breezy top that'll get plenty of wear this summer.




Stats
Pattern: Megan Nielsen Eucalypt Tank
Fabric: Liberty of London (floral) and Anna Maria Horner Little Folks -- both cotton voile
Thoughts: I had a little pocket all ironed and sewn. (The floral fabric placed on the solid-ish side.) But I just couldn't get the placement right.
Next Time: Well, first I'll make sure I've got enough fabric. But I like this contrast fabric idea. It doesn't take much at all, and it's a great way to add interest.

1 comment:

  1. The top looks good, I love to mix different prints, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...