Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Completed: Bubble Shorts FLIP



The pattern being FLIPPED over at Frances Suzanne this month is the Bubble Shorts by Elegance and Elephants. I love this pattern. In fact, I bought it as soon as Heidi released it!

Then I lost it. As easily as one can lose a digital pattern. Only me.

So, I bought it again. And I'm so glad.



My flip involved making the shorts into a romper. That's right, I've jumped on the romper bandwagon. They're just so stinkin' cute!

Basically I constructed the shorts and lined bodice separately, then joined them together with an elastic waist.

The fabric came from a hand-me-down H&M dress that was my sister's. It was beautiful, but it wasn't my size and there was no way to alter it. I used every bit of it, down to the delicate pearl buttons. The fabric was challenging because the dress skirt was cut on the bias and the cotton was extremely thin.

And it wrinkles like an 80-year-old sun-loving smoker.





I've tweaked it and am making up another version with some cherished vintage feed sack fabric right now. Expect a tutorial Thursday! 

For now, I'm linking up for the June sew-along at Frances Suzanne.

To wrap up this post, as if I needed any more motivation to keep sewing a ridiculous amount of little girl clothes. . . I get this face.


13 comments:

  1. Really sweet 'flip'..... Very creative! Looking forward to a tutorial in the upcoming days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great job Michelle...I made one too, out of a thrifted women's dress!..great minds think alike:) Only, my internet is giving me fits and I can't upload any of my pictures!! Soon, though I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Especially that last photo, her eyes! I love your flip, great job!
    Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful. I'm thinking I need to jump on the romper bandwagon too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect! I love it as a romper. Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I am totally going to copy this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! It looks absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! They look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! Love these and the sweet child!Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. And the description on the wrinkles cracked me up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up to Gingerly Made's Show & Tell. You've been featured!!

    http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/06/show-tell-features_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vrey cute! I love rompers, but my child goes to the bathroom quite often and they drive her crazy. :) Love you wrinkle simile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...