Monday, June 10, 2013

Tested: Daphne Wrap Dress

Here's the second pattern I had the pleasure of testing for Lindsay at The Cottage Mama.

It's called the Daphne Wrap Dress and Top.



I adore this classic style with the crossover back. This is a perfect pattern for beginners. It takes no time at all to sew up, even for a super slow sewer like me.

Like all of Lindsay's patterns, it's the details that make the outfit special.


There's an option for trimming the whole thing in piping -- I did that with my first test version. (I'll show you that one some other time when I've fixed the button placement.)

For this version I didn't have piping or the materials to make it, so I skipped it.

The ruffle under the bodice is such a lovely touch. The dress is fully lined and has the potential to be reversible. (In fact, I may go back and add buttons to the other side of this one to make it reversible.)

There are two buttons on the back to secure it.

The options are endless -- with or without the piping, ruffle, or contrasting bodice. She includes a version with a kangaroo pocket on the front. Some of the testers added monograms or applique. I did the dress, but there's also a top option.

 
Stats:
Pattern: Cottage Mama Daphne Wrap Dress and Top
Size: 18 months. The fit is perfect. Eliza is at the tallest end of the size range and it hits her just above her knee. Her chest size is off-the-charts small, so it's a little big in the bodice, but she's not swimming in it.
Fabric: Heather Bailey for Free Spirit. I got it on sale at the fabric shop down the street. It's within walking distance. Man, I'll miss that place. (My wallet just sighed in relief.)
Thoughts: I love everything about this pattern. Lindsay worked hard to make sure the fit is right, and her hard work paid off. This style looks precious on babies and girls. (It goes up to size 10.)

11 comments:

  1. Cute dress... and cute little model.

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
    www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY CUTE! *the dress AND double-pigtailed model!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a sucker for pigtails.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Adorable model, cute dress, and lovely Nicey Jane fabric! How could this be any more precious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Toni! I'm your newest follower -- that summer collection of yours is beyond fantastic!!

      Delete
  4. oh my goodness, that dress is so adorable...and so is the sweet girl! I'd love for you to share this over at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is simply adorable. What a cute pattern.

    Following you from Ginger Snaps Crafts Wow me Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! The pattern and your sweet little model. I found you via Sugar Bee Crafts. I'd love if you shared this at my Show & Tell party this week.

    http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/06/show-tell-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable - both the model and the dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...