Sunday, August 18, 2013

Completed: Washi #2



Stats:

Pattern: Washi from Made by Rae.

Fabric: Anna Maria Horner Little Folks.

Size: XS. Slashed and pivoted to reduce gap in neckline. Shortened the darts a tad.

Modifications: Used two coordinating fabrics, and hacked the pattern off 1" below the bottom shirring line on the back. It was a beast to cut/line up the bottom fabric. I managed to match the sides, but the meeting of the back pieces isn't flawless. I had a yard to work with for the bottom, so I had to narrow the skirt to the tunic width. Also lined the bodice.

Thoughts: I totally eliminated the gap in the neckline. BUT, the bust still isn't quite right.The darts are too low and too big, and it results in wrinkling below the bust. Part of it is because of this super lightweight voile which wrinkles very easily, but I think part of it is because of the placement and size of the darts. This dress will be perfect for knocking around in on hot summer days.

I'll come back to the Washi when I'm ready to tackle the darts again.

This week's project is a bathing suit! Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...