Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kids Clothes Week Fall 2013 (The Plan)

Next week is Kids Clothes Week, and I've got a plan.

Fortunately, thanks to Children's Place, Lee got three pairs of jeans and a pair of chinos for $36 shipped. Incredible. So, the boy doesn't need pants right now.

He needs long-sleeved t-shirts. That's why I bought the Flashback Skinny Tee pattern for big kids. Considering I'll be making these for the kids until they go to college, it's well worth the $10 investment. (I've made at least a dozen versions of this pattern so far.)

So. . . first up, a Flashback Skinny for Lee.


He also needs church shirts, so I'll make him a Henry Shirt (from Sewing for Boys) to wear over his Flashback Skinny.

source
Finally, I'm ready to sew up the Music Class Blouse + Skirt for Eliza. I bought the Oliver + S pattern and fabric for the project more than a year ago. Hopefully there's still enough fabric there. (I'm planning View A for the blouse.)


If I've got time, I'd like to do something for Daniel. He's got more clothes than he needs (yay for hand-me-downs!), but he's such a pleasure to sew for and I don't want him to feel left out. Maybe matching Raw Edged Raglans for him and Lee? Last year's versions were a hit. Maybe I can make it with long sleeves.

My goal is to have everything cut and ready to sew when the week begins. I doubt I'll get it all finished, but maybe I'll get close. There are a lot of button holes in this post.

Are you planning to sew along?

8 comments:

  1. I love reading others' plans for KCW....and it sounds like you've got a good one!! The music class skirt is something we've wanted to do for some time as well {we have made the blouse, but only once)! The skirt is just too, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your blouse! It was beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I will be sewing along. I have my projects planned and most of the needed supplies ready. I need to wash some fabrics, get the sewing patterns ready and get everything cut out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the process of tracing and cutting now. I like how KCW makes me stay organized and on task!

      Can't wait to see what you sew up!

      Delete
  3. How often does everyone do kids clothes week? It feels like one just passed. I have adult children but I definitely enjoy seeing what people are making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one in the Summer, but I didn't participate. They started a new online community instead of using Flikr. I think it was twice a year, but now maybe more often?

      Delete
  4. I finished the music class blouse for Caroline! I did the stand up collar with short sleeves. It turned out adorable. I've gotten lots of compliments about it. It's a really great look for my not-so-little-anymore girl. I wish I had finished some of the interior seams with French seams - next time. I love all the details - the pintucks at the yokes, the inverted box pleat in the sleeve. I used a floral print, but would love to try it on a plainer fabric so those little details would stand out even more. If my blog weren't suffering from neglect, I'd make a post about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! I've picked a light salmon colored linen, which isn't seasonally appropriate, but should show off those details!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...