Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Signature Style (PR&P Week 4)

This is the third time I've sewn along with the "Signature Style" week at Project Run and Play. (The first time is here. The second time is here.)

Here's how I described aspects of my "style" last season: "comfort (knits), upcycling, classic silhouettes, shortened bodices, applique, and muted colors."

I'd say that's still mostly true.

"Muted colors" must've meant mauve and gray because that's my favorite color scheme for the girl. But I'm starting to use more bold colors, too.

And of course I'd add "vintage" to that list!

Here's my Signature Style look for Season 7!











Details:

Fabric: shirt -- upcycled stretch cotton blend from a hand-me-down shirt of my sister's; pants -- stretch medium-weight denim from my stash; hat -- upcycled twill from a hand-me-down skirt

Notions: I used vintage brown bobble buttons for the back. (My signature style definitely includes vintage things.)

Size: 2 (shirt); 4/5 (leggings) for added ease and growth room; Medium (fedora) 

Modifications: Added piping to the yoke seam on the Maggie Mae tunic. Shortened the length of the tunic (but left plenty of room for the hem to be lengthened).

Thoughts: I love, love, love every piece! I've been waiting to sew up the Maggie Mae for a while with this specific shirt upcycle in mind. I'll be sewing this pattern again. I may try to line the whole thing next time.

And the fedora and leggings are wonderfully versatile and will work with several different looks, as you'll see next week. (Hint!)

15 comments:

  1. Super fun, I really like how you broke-up the lines with the piping & planned ahead for your daughter to grow. Cute fedora too. Good job, I'll look forward to seeing what you've got planned for next week.
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! I hope you like next week's look. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love it - the piping and pleats are perfect! And, of course, the fedora is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vonnie! That fedora may be my favorite thing in her wardrobe. It's an awesome pattern!

      Delete
  3. Love your signature style! This little outfit is extremely stylish and upmarket - well done ... J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh absolutely love it! The colours are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinkin' cute! I love the colors and the print, and that hat is the perfect accessory. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lucky for me, my sister hands down some pretty awesome tops for me to upcycle!

      Delete
  6. That tunic is adorable! Love the fabric and piping, and the fedora is the perfect topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charity! I love the E&E Fedora pattern. SO cute!

      Delete
  7. Oh goodness....now I want to get our "Maggie Mae" out to sew {we own it....just haven't sewn it}!! Beautiful work as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is such a darling pattern. I just love it.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love all the detail you put into this darling outfit...and the fit is perfection!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...