Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween and Thanks!

*tap tap*

Is this thing on?

*tap tap*

Sorry for the radio silence. Marathon training peaked last week, so late-night sewing/posting didn't happen. This week is a cut-back week, which means you'll see a flurry of posts before next week's second peak and resulting silence. Theeennn it's taper time, and that means you'll see plenty of me in these parts as I deal with boredom and Taper Psychosis.

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your support during the Flip this Pattern competition last month. I won! The coolest part is that I got new fabric that I didn't have to buy, which means my vow to purchase no new fabric for six months still stands. (I'm extending it to 9 months, btw. And I plan to write about it soon.) I also won some gorgeous new patterns and feel like a queen.

And now to Halloween. I'm posting pictures a week later, but hopefully the cuteness will excuse my tardiness.

Two robbers. One of them making an inexplicably happy face.

I should explain that these are two Robbers Who Escaped from Prison and Decided to Rob Again Before Changing Out of Their Prison Garb. (Lee wanted me to specify that.)


I will start by taking credit for two things: the idea and the electrical-tape-striped shirts. The rest was all my mother. She created Eliza's money bag costume and gathered all the other elements. She motivated me to finish it.

Seriously, if Halloween costumes were my responsibility, they'd be digging in the dress up bin at 5:00 the day of. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But Grancy's version is sooooooo much more adorable.


Here was the inspiration. The boys love this guy and wanted to be him. Without the mask or mustache, they decided at the last minute. (And with gray pants, their mother decided.)





They got lots of candy. We parceled it out for a couple of days, and now I'm strategically withholding it hoping they'll forget about it. Mama's got a sweet tooth.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha they were very specific about what they wanted, hey ;) Great outfits. Love the source of inspiration :)

    I don't think I could go without buying fabric for 9 months... although my shelf is full and overflowing! Looking forward to reading more about it :)

    Good luck with the marathon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenya! I've been really surprised by what's happened since I stopped buying fabric. After the initial withdrawals and twitches, it's been neat to see the stash dwindle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...