Thursday, December 26, 2013

2013 Recap and 2014 Goals

2013 was a great sewing year! Highlights included attending the Martha Pullen School of Art Fashion and meeting Lindsay Wilkes, being invited to compete in the FLIP this Pattern series, opening an Etsy shop, going six months without buying fabric, and getting closer to honing in on my style preferences.

I applied for Sewvivor, the Super Online Sewing Match, Mood Sewing Network, and the Sewing Rabbit team. Even though I wasn't chosen for any of them, putting myself "out there" was a huge boost for my confidence.

Here are some of my favorite projects from 2013. I'm only including things that got worn again (and again).



For Eliza


For Me:
1. Clover Wearable Muslin 2. Renfrew Remix 3. Summer Dress 4. I'll Fly Away Dress (full disclosure: I didn't pre-wash the Liberty cotton, and it shrunk in the first wash, leaving the lining longer and showing. I have to rip and fix the waistline. Still love it, but lesson learned.) 5. Washi Wearable Muslin 6. Vogue Sheath Dress


For the Boys:

There are quite a few specific projects I've got in mind for 2014, but I wanted to share my general blogging/sewing goals here.
2014 Goals
Improve my photography.
Sew and smock a beautiful Bishop or Mary De dress for Eliza.
Share a tutorial a month.

I'm grateful for this space and community. It's been a joy to share here and be inspired by other bloggers. 2014 will be a great year!

11 comments:

  1. What a super look-back at your hugely successful sewing year ~ can't wait to follow along with your 2014 goals ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful sewing in 2013, you must have a huge sense of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! It pleases me to think of how much I've learned, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. I adore the boys beach boatneck. I may have to give that a go myself! I just got a sewing machine this year, so I am still learning.

    I look forward to 2014 tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! The boatneck is a good starter pattern -- it's got a neck facing so you don't have to deal with fiddly neckbands.

      Delete
  4. Photography is high on my priority list for this year too. And man, that thanksgiving Norah just gets me every time. I love it.
    I can't wait to see more from you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That Norah is one of my favorites, too. As for the photography -- I'm convinced if we lived somewhere perpetually sunny it would help, at least with lighting!

      Delete
  5. I loved reading about your projects :) Looking forward to reading more in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenya! Your encouragement is always so wonderful!

      Delete
  6. I bet it was sooo hard to go through all the entries for Sewing Rabbit and others! I can't believe I was picked! I applied last year too and didn't get it so keep applying! Your work is awesome! I've had so much fun following you on sew alongs and other blog events! We need to meet IRL sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...