Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Handmade Christmas 2013

Here are the sewn/knitted gifts we shared this year.

First up, an outfit for our nephew, modeled by Eliza. She's a bit taller but roughly the same size otherwise.





Pattern: pants -- Anna Maria Horner's Quick Change Trousers from the book Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby. shirt -- Flashback Skinny Tee from Made by Rae
Fabric: pants -- Wheels by Riley Blake (circa 2009 from stash) shirt -- organic waffle knit from my stash
Size: pants -- 18-24 Months shirt -- 3t
Thoughts: I'd forgotten about this pants pattern, and it's delightful. They're fully reversible. They can be rolled, so they can grow with him.

Next up was a super simple addition to the cards with our photos: leather ornaments. I saw the idea on Kitchy Coo's blog and used some scrap leather and ribbon I had in my stash.


Here's my dad's new hat. His last one got a few mysterious moth holes. It's Kim's Hat Pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I've used this pattern many, many times and it's foolproof. It's knitted with a Vanna's Choice yarn that the kids picked out from Michael's. 


Finally, here are some necklaces I made for the cousins and our niece. Three are made from old ties, one is made from the leftover fabric of Faith's dress, one is made from a strip of feed sack fabric, and the last three are made from some stash fabric. The beads are large wooden beads (and marbles for the smaller necklaces). I used this tutorial from Artstar by Aletha.



That's it! 

I didn't get to Eliza's Christmas dress, so I'll be sewing it up next. Fortunately I picked a winter fabric, so it'll work for a while. And la-de-da -- it'll also work for the first theme of this season's Project Run and Play

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...