Friday, March 14, 2014

Completed: Sparkle All the Things

If you follow me on Instagram, you know Eliza has started dressing herself.

Given our history (living with Spiderman for several months), it was actually pretty exciting. I've been looking forward to seeing her express herself this way.

Now, I don't know if it's a Little Girl Thing or Eliza's Thing, but she likes all things sparkly. The more bling, the better. She likes finger nail polish and lipstick. She likes glitter and high heels.

On a late-night run to WalMart for navy thread, I passed clearance t-shirt racks and saw obnoxious pink and silver slinky tops for $3. Pink and sparkly? Of course she'd love it, so I bought one pink one and one silver one.

It only took one after-bedtime sewing session to complete an ensemble, and I left it on the floor last night beside her bed when I finished. She came down for breakfast wearing it.

She threw on her "parkly" shoes and called it done.



Details:
Pattern: Flashback Skinny Tee from Made by Rae. Of course. Self-drafted shorts.
Fabric: WalMart clearance hoochy mama spaghetti strap t-shirts - one silver and one pink. Last time I went to JoAnn, I saw this kind of fabric on the clearance table. "Luxe" or something like that. It was pricey.
Size: 3t
Modifications: 
  • Ommitted the sleeves and added bands instead.
  • Added a band at the bottom instead of hemming.
Thoughts:
I'm going to buy the leggings pattern from Peekaboo Pattern shop. It goes up to size 12 and includes shorts, capris, and full length leggings as well as a skirt or ruffled version. My self-drafted ones are pitiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...