Thursday, March 13, 2014

Completed: Washi #3

Here's a Washi for our niece. It was a pretty straightforward sew because I was familiar with the pattern. I'm dumping the photos, and the details are at the bottom of the post.





Details:
Pattern: Washi Dress from Made by Rae
Fabric: Quilting cotton from Joann. The Niece picked this out, and I love it.
Modifications: 
  • Omitted the darts.
  • The center front neckline gaped a bit in the muslin (my own Washis had the same issue), but I forgot to make the adjustments when I was cutting the fabric. So, I pulled in four tiny tucks at the neckline to fix the issue.
*************************************
This concludes my commissioned projects from Christmas! My (newly engaged!) sister's top fit beautifully -- the darts need to be lowered a bit, but only a seamstress would notice, and she was thrilled. "See, I knew you could do it," she said. If only we had as much confidence in ourselves as little sisters had in us. . . 

This week I'm working on a test garment and finishing up the Playroom/Schoolroom. I'll have photos of that space next week! If the rest of the house moves at this pace, we should be finished with the first floor by the time the kids move out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...