Monday, April 21, 2014

Me Made May 2014

me-made-may'14

I've followed Me-Made-May for a while, but life has gotten in the way and I've not been able to participate. 

This year I'm participating! (And so are the kids, though they don't yet know it.)

The purpose of Me-Made-May, according to Zoe of "So, Zo, What do You Know?" is to "encourage people who sew/knit/crochet/refashion/upcycle garments for themselves to actually wear and love them."

We're urged to take a pledge -- whatever pledge with which we're comfortable -- to wear handmade items in May. Here's the pledge I've made:

I, Michelle Martini (http://handmademartini.blogspot.com), sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade item each day for the duration of May 2014. In addition, I aim to dress at least one of my kiddos in at least one handmade item each day for the duration of May 2014.

It's not really too tall of an order per se, but I have very specific goals of how this pledge will challenge me. Mostly I'm excited about re-working some garments that I've made, finding holes in my current wardrobe, and connecting with other members of the online sewing community.

As part of my pledge, I plan to post here either weekly or bi-weekly, depending on the way things go. (Read: depending on our getting a new computer.) I mean, there will be outfit repeats, so the posting part is flexible for me. (Probably I'll just tack one up to Instagram each day with a hashtag and collage them here occasionally.)

Oooh. Now that it's out there I'm nervous. And excited. A whole month of handmades. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...