Monday, May 5, 2014

Completed: Two Tops

I'm composing this post on our new MacBook! There will be a steep learning curve. (See? I just tried to use keyboard commands to italicize "steep" and got denied.) I mean, I don't even know how to scroll. (The Sister has to remind me every time I use hers: "Look, Michelle. Two fingers.")

This'll be quick. Here are two tops I've finished -- one for Eliza and one for me. The one for Eliza is from the book Sewing for Boys. It's the Raw-Edged Raglan, and I've made half a dozen of them over the years. I adore the casual look of these t-shirts and thought it would be cute in pink with a little color blocking. The fabric is from two upcycled clearance t-shirts. (I made the skirt a while back to go with her Camper T-shirt, which I would link to, but I can't figure out how to open two windows at once.)






 The second top I drafted myself using a loved hand-me-down as guide. The original shirt was from American Eagle. I disassembled it to see how it was put together, and then adjusted and drew the pattern myself. Instead of using knit for the neckband, I used some Liberty fabric from my stash. The neckline is lined so that all the raw seams are concealed. It's actually really pretty on the inside, too.

All the fabric is from my stash and is years old.






(Oh good GRIEF. Where is the delete key? And why is the delete key actually backspacing?)

That's it for now. Me Made May is going great! It's even more fun and educational than I expected, and I'll be doing a round-up here in a bit.

I hope y'all are enjoying some gorgeous weather where you are. And if you happen to find a delete key that actually deletes -- send it my way, please.

4 comments:

  1. all such pretty colors & a that top is really flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your top for you is reallly nice! I love the little pop of floral at the neckband.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...