Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Completed: Megan Nielsen Reef Camisole & Shorts

(All the details are at the bottom of this post...)







Details
Pattern: Megan Nielsen Reef Camisole and Shorts, views 1 &3
Fabric: Nicole Miller stretch chiffon from JoAnn Fabrics
Size: xs shorts, medium camisole
Modifications: added 1" to top length, took in over 1" on sides
Thoughts: I LOVE THIS PATTERN! I loved it so much when I first saw it that I forked over the postage and cash for the real, paper pattern. I'm so glad I did because I'll be making it again and again!

The cross-over yoke -- perfection.

The fabric was tricky, but I prevailed. Here are the things that helped:
ironing freezer paper on which pattern had been traced directly onto the fabric then cutting the pattern pieces out
block fusing interfacing as Megan's instructions suggest
stay stitching

It would've been even better if I'd had the appropriate needle, but mine was just a tad too thick.

The shorts are waaaaay too low rise for me. You can see in one of the photos above just where they hit -- I mean loooow. I'll add a full 2 inches to the rise. This view is super short, too, without the cuff. But I love them for pajamas.

This fabric is delightful. I LOVE the colors and the texture and drape is gorgeous. I wish I'd bought more!

The only complaint I have is that I abhor facings, but I can live with them in this top.

All in all, I'm super pleased with this project!

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to send a response, so be sure to enable your email in your Blogger profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...